[Samba] gpo failure

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 7 10:00:37 UTC 2015

On 6-10-2015 21:54, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:

> Am 06.10.2015 um 21:26 schrieb mourik jan c heupink:
>> I have checked all our policy directories on sysvol, and I have a
>> "Registery.pol" only in some "/Machine" directories, and none in "/User"
>> or "/Group Policy".
>
> Do you have any policy in the User tree in the GPME in that GPO? If you
> never defined one, then the file is missing. Try e. g. setting the
> screensaver timeout to 15 mins (inside the user tree - not machine).
> Then the file should be created by GPME.
I hoped this explained it, but I'm afraid it does not..?

I have defined two Default Domain Policies, confirmed by the settings
tab in the Group Policy Management editor:

1st - computer config, policies, windows settings, scripts, shutdown
2nd - user configuration, preferences, windows settings, drive maps

Unless these two happen to be policies that do NOT need a Registery.pol
file?