[Samba] gpo failure

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:26:13 UTC 2015

On 6-10-2015 20:58, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Can you successfully created a file there (e. g. right-click -> new ->
> textfile)?
Yes I can.

> As said: When you set a machine/user policy, the file is generated. Of
> course only, if the user doing the edit, has permissions to edit the
> SYSVOL share.
And yet it is NOT there..?

I have checked all our policy directories on sysvol, and I have a
"Registery.pol" only in some "/Machine" directories, and none in "/User"
or "/Group Policy".

Are my systems seriously screwed up? Most of my policies DO seem to
work... (we have some systems that fail to run shutdown scripts, but for
the majority of systems everything seems to work fine...)

MJ