[Samba] After update from 3.5.x to 3.6.23 all printers configured in CUPS they are no longer shared

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Oct 6 16:08:15 UTC 2015

Il giorno mar, 06/10/2015 alle 16.23 +0100, Rowland Penny ha scritto:
> OK, from the smb.conf manpage:
>
> To use the CUPS printing interface set printcap name = cups.
> This should be supplemented by an addtional setting printing =

> cups in the [global] section.  printcap name = cups will
> use the "dummy" printcap created by CUPS, as specified in your
> CUPS configuration file.
>
> There is more in there about printing.

Thanks Rowland, but this setting, get from man page, I have already
tried unfortunately without success.

Now I re-try this option and remove single printer define but all the
printer get fron "lpstat -v" not appear into browsing server.

My smb.conf now contain this option:

        load printers = yes
        cups options = raw
        printcap name = cups
        printing = cups

Some other suggest?

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 22 con Gnome 3.16)