[Samba] After update from 3.5.x to 3.6.23 all printers configured in CUPS they are no longer shared

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Oct 6 13:10:29 UTC 2015

After update my PDC server from Centos 5.5 to 5.11 and then samba 3.5
to 3.6.22 all work fine, except printers: all CUPS printers shared are
not visible and usable from clients.

If I put manually each printer (like suggest here[1]) into smb.conf,
all printers manually added are visible and usable (this is my
workaround for now).

In smb.conf I have set:

        load printers = yes
        printcap name = /etc/printcap

and I have this printers section:

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	print ok = Yes
	browseable = No
and:
> # ls -ld /var/spool/samba
> drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4096  6 ott 15:01 /var/spool/samba

Someone have some suggest? or I must put all printers into smb.conf?

Many thanks

[1] - https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_print_server
--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 22 con Gnome 3.16)