[Samba] Removing share from smb.conf

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:03:18 UTC 2015

On 10/6/2015 4:28 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Fix is very simple, if you dont want to see any error in the logs like me.
> I like clean logs..
>
> Just add the following to smb.conf
>
> usershare path =
>
> thats it.
> restart your samba.
> I did not set this on my DC, but on my member servers.
> But give it a try.
>
> Tell us if it works on you DC also.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Louis,

    This is happening on a member server. I was interpreting that
message incorrectly. My thought was Samba was attempting to access a
share that no longer exists. It appears to be either a service or person
attempting access. I like to keep my logs clean as well. Thanks for the
tip on how to silence.

--
-James