[Samba] 4th DC Unable to Replicate - WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Tue Oct 6 00:48:47 UTC 2015

G'day Marc,

     Thanks for the interesting reply - seems to have opened up a can of
worms :-)

     I will look into it after I chase one more thing down.  I had a
thought over the weekend, now my brain hurts.  The new testing DC was
joined (and a production DC as well), at a new site.  They are both
exhibiting the same lack of post join replication.  My thought was that
there just might be a block on RPC ports on the network there, and as
RPC seems to be the way the replication works, this would do it.  The
last time we had this type of problem was over 20 years ago when the
University IT guys decided that RPC traffic should be blocked by
default.  We had to ask for this to be changed between all of the
School's subnets - we couldn't map shares across sites!

      So, before I try anything "dangerous", I'll see if my hunch is
correct.  Once the Uni IT guys allow RPC traffic to/from the new site to
all the School's networks, we'll see how things go.

     I'll let the list know how things goes.

--

Cheers,
David Minard.

School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics
Western Sydney University
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.