[Samba] Removing share from smb.conf

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:34:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

    I notice if I simply comment out a share or remove entirely. I
receive errors such as theses. Is there a proper protocol to follow when
removing a share?

process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/myshare
failed. No such file or directory

../source3/param/loadparm.c:4366(process_usershare_file)

process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/myshare
failed. Permission denied

Relevant information below

Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        7.9
Codename:       wheezy

Samba Version 4.1.17-Debian

[global]
        workgroup = SAMBA
        security = ADS
        realm = SAMBA.LOCAL
        kerberos method = secrets and keytab
        server string = Samba 4 Client %h
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind expand groups = 4
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes
        winbind offline logon = yes
        winbind normalize names = Yes
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
        idmap config SAMBA : backend  = ad
        idmap config SAMBA : range = 10000-999999
        idmap config SAMBA:schema_mode = rfc2307
        printcap name = cups
        cups options = raw
        usershare allow guests = no
        domain master = no