[Samba] Installation of Samba 4.3 on Ubuntu Server 15.04 failed

Thomas Ziegler tziegler at reporting-online.com
Mon Oct 5 16:00:25 UTC 2015

Thank you Rowland,

I finally managed to create '/usr/local/samba‘ and I also created a basic smb.con in "/etc/samba-4.3.0“. But when I try to start the Deamons manually  with
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D (and /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D)

I get the error: /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd: No such file or directory

How can I start the deamons instead? Or is this a hint that the installation is corrupt?

Kind regards,