[Samba] transfer fsmo role using ldap

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:26:46 UTC 2015

On 02/10/15 20:09, Yosel Lazaro Vera Gonzalez wrote:

> [...]

It is a bit more involved that what you think, have a look at the code
in fsmo.py (part of samba-tool), it might be easier to get your UI to
run samba-tool instead of ldap. You should also think about 'what if the
role will not transfer?' it really gets involved when it comes to
seizing roles, also you have to transfer the two dns roles differently
from the other 5 roles.

Rowland