[Samba] transfer fsmo role using ldap

Yosel Lazaro Vera Gonzalez ylvera at estudiantes.uci.cu
Fri Oct 2 03:27:52 UTC 2015

!!!Regards

Is it possible to transfer the FSMO roles using ldap?
For example I get the schema container object using ldap, then I modify the attribute fSMORoleOwner
 I change the following value "CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SERVER1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com" by "CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SERVER2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com"

 Is this operation enough to transfer the schema master role to server2?