[Samba] ntlm_password_check: LM password, NT MD4 password in LM field and LMv2 failed for user username

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Oct 1 16:13:43 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 03:57 PM, David Whitney wrote:
> Hi mourik...are you saying these messages in the logs are new, as in
> suddenly these messages are appearing?
>
> What version of Samba are you running?

We're on samba 4.2.4, sernet, on wheezy, AD. Running without any issues
for more than a year.

I have never noticed them before, and a quick search in the logs doesn't
reveil older messages. They could be new.

But I have never seen these, and I'm not sure I fully understand them.
One of the users in question has a windows 8 laptop.

So NOT something old....

Anyone?