[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege - NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:59:11 UTC 2015

On 01/10/15 14:32, Steffen Weißgerber wrote:

> Hmm why,
>
> the guy at
> https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/SAMBA_Share_with_Active_Directory_Login_o
> n_Ubuntu_12.04.html
> does exactly this.
>
> Also the manpage e.g. for smb.conf describes the config for a connection
> to an AD.
>
> And after granting file rights to the share via
>
>   setfacl -m g:domänen-admins:rwx /var/samba/test
>
> I can mkdir and granting rights to other users/groups from the security
> tab on a windows client.
>
> Maybe version 3.6 is not as full featured as the 4.x versions, but AD
> integration should work.
>
> Is there a way to monitor/log the net rpc call to check the availabilty
> of the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege on AD side?

Your best bet would be to install the last freely available Sernet Samba
packages, this would get you version 4.2.4. Samba 3.6 is EOL (as is
4.0), so if you are hitting a bug (note: I am not saying you are) then
you stand a chance of getting it fixed. If you don't want to do that,
you could always upgrade to 14.04 and this would get you 4.1.6.

Unless something very strange is going on, the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
should be available.

Rowland