[Samba] restarting samba using a cron job on Debian

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:53:57 UTC 2015

On 30/11/15 19:16, Lars Hanke wrote:
> > Why bother with all the above, just use samba-ad-dc instead.
>
> Yes, I streamlined the script somewhat. Let's see what happens when
> replication fails next time.
>
> > You are going to have to supply more info, is there anything in the
> logs
> > when replication fails?
> > If not, try raising the log level until you do get something.
>
> Anything specific I should look for? As said it happens at
> unpredictable intervals, usually after many days. An of course I
> cannot leave the system in that state for long. So I have to get as
> many information at once. Any recommendation for settings?

If it was predictable, then you could just raise the log level to 10 and
wait for it to happen, copy the logs and then restart samba.

As it isn't predictable, you are going to have to set up your log
rotation system to rotate the log files every day until it does happen,
hopefully at this point, the logs will reveal your problem.

Rowland