[Samba] samba430-jessie script question

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:24:51 UTC 2015

On 29/11/15 13:54, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:

> Forgive me if this questions has been dealt with recently as I have been
> on a vacation/holiday and have not kept current with list activity.
>
> While building a VM with "setup-samba430-Jessie.sh" I notice that Debian
> 'experimental' is now (pulling) samba-4.3.1+dfsg-1 version. The script
> is not running correctly as (obviously) the patches are for
> samba-4.3.0+dfsg packages.
>
> Suggestions?

This is something that Louis will have to fix, but I cannot really see
the need to use such a script. By using Louis's script, you are
dependant on him keeping it up to date, and when it isn't, you get
problems like this, which may get worse as 4.3.2 is due out on Tuesday :-)

You will probably be better off compiling Samba yourself by following
the wiki. You can then easily update to a new version when it comes out.
You will also find that all the examples on the wiki will be valid, no
need to alter paths etc.

If you must use a script, write your own, after all, a script is mostly
just a list of the commands you would enter one after another.

Rowland