[Samba] Permission Denied

Henry McLaughlin henry at incred.com.au
Wed Nov 25 10:05:05 UTC 2015

On 25 November 2015 at 20:27, mathias dufresne <infractory at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should post your smb.conf of that file server. You should also tell us
> what kind of domain it is, in case of domain. That should help people to
> help you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> mathias
>
> Hi and thank you for the help.

I think I have solved this however my solution is not pure.

When I create a share in Linux the owner & group is:
root:root

I had thought that this was my problem as I did not have permission to
write to the folder and had to change the group to "Domain Admins" however
this still caused the error.

What I have discovered this that regardless of the Linux permissions, when
I create a share the Windows share owner is: "root (Unix User\root)". As
long as this is the share owner in Windows I receive the permission denied
error. I have simply change the share owner to "Domain Users" in Windows
and the error goes away.