[Samba] getting started with GPOs

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 24 15:01:07 UTC 2015

Greetings, Jeff Dickens!

>>> On the Samba side the only thing I see in the logs are some complaints
>>> about not being able to load the printer list.
>>>
>> That probably not related.
>>
>> Is this expected to work?   How can I start to troubleshoot this?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> You could try
>>
>> samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck
>>
>> but I have had much success with it, and and I directly jump to:
>>
>> samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
>>
>> Does that help?

> So the GPO Management Tool works under Windows 8.1 for you?

The problem is not management tools, the problem is what it was saying to you
- the permissions on the domain's SYSVOL dhare are wrong.
Probably they are too open and anyone could write to it, so anything located
there can't be trusted.
Please follow the advice and check the permissions. Reset them if needed.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...