[Samba] Still can't figure out ACL issues

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 11:49:39 UTC 2015

On 22/11/15 10:04, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, jimc!
>
>> After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I did a setfacl.
> Unfortunately, Samba does not use POSIX ACL's, if its own ACL's are present on
> files. (If at all.)
> Unless you have it configured for POSIX ACL's, but that's not the case for DC.

Samba doesn't use ACLs at all, it is just a bridge between windows and
the underlying OS and if you set the ACLs, from windows, you can read
them with getfacl, so why can you not set them with setfacl?

>> Now, 'samba-tool gpo aclcheck' returns "uncaught exception -
>> (-1073741790 'access denied')".
> How predictable.

Not really, it just means that the wrong ACL's were probably set.

>> I really would appreciate any help you can offer!
> Sorry, I have the same issue (for most part), and would like Samba being more
> sane about integration.
> Very much like.

Just because you cannot get it working is no reason to come on here bad
mouthing Samba, others can and do get it working.

Rowland