[Samba] Samba4 DC is not visible in network neighborhood

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Sun Nov 22 11:13:49 UTC 2015

Greetings, Rowland Penny!

>> Err, okay, "windows ACL's", not "native (POSIX)". Was writing in a
>> less-than-sane state of mind.
>>
>>> you should be able to manage access to a share on a domain member from a
>>> windows machine,
>> Should be, that much I've gathered from wiki. But it is already nine months
>> that I'm unable to implement it.
>>
>>> see this page on the wiki:
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs
>>> If you follow the various pages on the wiki, you should be able make it
>>> work, if you cannot, you are doing something wrong.
>> So, what I'm doing wrong? I've followed the wiki multiple times to the point.
>> If you have any diagnostics in mind, please suggest, because this is tiring.
>>
>> The smb.conf is attached, the member server do see the users correctly.
>>
>> # wbinfo -i domainuser
>> domainuser:*:10000:513::/home/domainuser:/bin/bash
>>
>> # getent passwd domainuser
>> domainuser:*:10000:513::/home/domainuser:/bin/bash
>>

> Firstly I would remove these lines:

>          idmap config * : schema_mode = rfc2307
>          dns forwarder = 192.168.35.4 (AD DC)
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

> The first one isn't needed and the other two should only be on a DC

> You do not have a 'username map' line, does 'Domain Admins' have a
> gidNumber and have you given 'Domain Admins' the 'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' ?

(member server)$ id
uid=1000(anrdaemon) gid=513(domain users) groups=513(domain users),33(www-data),114(lpadmin),512(domain admins)

$ wbinfo --group-info 'TD-ART\Domain Admins'
domain admins:x:512:anrdaemon,administrator

# getent group "Domain Admins"
domain admins:x:512:anrdaemon,administrator

$ net rpc group
Enter anrdaemon's password:
Administrators
Users