[Samba] Problem setting password: : failed to pull old supplementalCredentialsBlob: NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:26:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

I don't know much that tool but I would have expected "--newpassword="
needs some password.

Ex:
samba-tool user setpassword user2 --newpassword=1NewPass
or just
samba-tool user setpassword user2

The first one would be to avoid interactive behaviour (no password asked,
you have already given it to the command)
The second would be to start that command in interactive mode : no password
given on command line, the command ask you for a password.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps you tried to set a blank password for that user
(NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL as an error seems to mean the password you gave
is too small for your password rules).
In that case just try to set a complex password to your user when the