[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Nov 18 10:20:33 UTC 2015

On 18-11-2015 10:58, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Ah, ok, now its getting more clear..
> I think problem you face is because of the following.
>
> You did setup a share with "unix" rights.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_POSIX_ACLs
>
> While you should setup a share with "windows" rights.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs
>
> So, tell me, how do you set your share rights from linux then ?
> And how the file/folder rights?
>
> Because this is your problem, its the way it is setup.
>
> For "windows" only shares, use the ignore parameter on the share,
> really, this saves you a lot of troubles.

Yes, that's what I mean. My shares (and I guess Viktors shares as well)
are managed with basic fs permissions as i called it. (wiki calls it
Shares_with_POSIX_ACLs)

And in that case, users (and computer accounts also) need the uid/gid.

In I guess in the case of Shares_with_Windows_ACLs those are not needed.