[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 18 09:58:18 UTC 2015

Ah, ok, now its getting more clear..
I think problem you face is because of the following.

You did setup a share with "unix" rights.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_POSIX_ACLs

While you should setup a share with "windows" rights.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

So, tell me, how do you set your share rights from linux then ?
And how the file/folder rights?

Because this is your problem, its the way it is setup.

For "windows" only shares, use the ignore parameter on the share,
really, this saves you a lot of troubles.

Greetz,

Louis