[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Nov 18 09:37:24 UTC 2015

On 18-11-2015 10:13, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Mourik Jan/Victor.
>
>> MJ definitely understands the problem I'm facing....
> Yes, and i do to but you wont listen...

Could it perhaps be that the vital detail is that Viktor (and me too)
are not using windows (security tab) to manage the permissions / acls,
but instead use basic fs permissions? (do you, Viktor?)

It is very reproducible here: machines without gid/uid cannot access
domain member servers using the machine account, the moment I add
gid/uid, they start to work.

(I'm not trying to say that your solution is not the real answer, just
trying to find a reason for the behaviour we're seeing)

MJ