[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 18 09:13:21 UTC 2015

Hai Mourik Jan/Victor.

> MJ definitely understands the problem I'm facing....
Yes, and i do to but you wont listen...

ALL My client pc's, windows and linux computers, dont have any uid/gid assigned.

My client pc's do access the DCs and multiple member servers with shares.

I do distribute settings and files with GPO and these files are on a member server. Yes also as "COMPUTER$" so the computer can get its file as in the GPO is set.

And yes, i know your problem, its all rights where your looking for.
But it can be fixed.

I have a share "public", in which i have a folder Installers.
The share as everybody with full controll as right.
For the Security tab rights on public, i have
Creator owner	special. 	Only folders and files on underlying folders.
Creator group	special. 	Only folders and files on underlying folders.
Verified users	read+exec	This folder  underlying folders and files
Domain Admins 	Full		This folder  underlying folders and files
Domain users 	read+exec	This folder  underlying folders and files
Domain computer	read+exec	This folder  underlying folders and files

The subfolders have there own rights as needed.

My "Installers"  folder, which the domain computers do access has.
Root	 special. 	Only this 	folders
Verified users	read+exec	This this folder, underlying folders and files
Creator owner	special. 	Only this folders and files on underlying folders.
Creator group	special. 	Only this folders and files on underlying folders.
It-depertment	Full		Only this folders and files on underlying folders.
Domain Admins	Full		Only this folders and files on underlying folders.

And this is the share in smb.conf :
[public]
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/public
    read only = no

/home/ 755		root:root
/home/samba	755 	root:root
public :  drwxrwx---+ 12 root root  4096 Oct 15 15:25 public
And a getfacl

# file: /home/samba/public/
# owner: root
# group: root