[Samba] smbstatus .. info..

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 16:38:51 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 11:25 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai,
>

> I just noticed the following.
>

> When running
>

> smbstatus –L
>

> i get my output, and i see the users logged and the locks..
>

> when runinng
>
> smbstatus –p
>

> I see much more users these are logged out atm .
>
> And i see the pid with them but a ps on the pid gives noting.
>

> Can someone explain this?
>

> Gr..
>

> Louis

Louis,

     From the manpage

-L|--locks
            causes smbstatus to only list locks.

-p|--processes
            print a list of smbd(8) processes and exit. Useful for
scripting.

My understanding is -L will display only samba connections that have
locks currently applied.  Using -p will display all samba connections
regardless of lock status.

I assume by the time you check the ps id, those connections may have
already closed?

--
-James