[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 17 15:44:20 UTC 2015

Hai Viktor,

> Before posting my share permissions, can you please elaborate what you
> mean with "have you removed authenticated users from your share"? I
> never had any rights for "authenticated users" on any of my shares.

Ah sorry, yes, that was "everybody" ( my error ) keep it

> Maybe I'm setting up shares in the wrong way?
> [packages]
>    path = /srv/samba/packages
>    read only = no
>    browsable = yes
>    comment = "Software Packages"

Your config is ok, but i would add
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
to the packages share.

See man smb.conf for what it exact does, but for a "windows" only share,
i would always set it.

This is what i have for my distribution share.

[public]
## chmod 755 on /home/samba/public
## rights root:root, but due to the ignore this is ignored..
##
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/public
    read only = no
    acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

and i added "veryfied users" to the security tab with read rights.
Which the domain computers also need.

Greetz,

Louis