[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 17 14:30:26 UTC 2015

Let me guess.

You accessing your server like :

\\servername\netlogon
of
\\servername\sysvol

Well thats protected by windows these these days.

Try with

\\servername.domain.tld\netlogon
or
\\servername.domain.tld\sysvol

Does that work? Yes,

There is a whole chaper of this on the list somewhere..
Best is to read howto override this.
https://adsecurity.org/?p=1405

and for you member server, how is you share setup.
did you remove "authenticated users" ?
if so best is that you add "domain computer" or authenticated users back.
And if you did not remove "authenticated users" from the share.

Please post your share setup and rights for the shared folder.
AND the rights of the folder below the shared folder.

Greetz,

Louis