[Samba] Permission Issues with GPO

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:30:13 UTC 2015

Hey,

If your GPO are stored in AD (they are not template GPO with all GPO
information in some file, I think this kind of non-pure-AD GPO are stored
in ADMX files, not sure).
In GPMC.msc you have to define which entities would receive the GPO. Once
created the GPO, once it is set up, you have in the right panel two parts.
The bottom part is to define to whom this GPO would be applied.

In that case, GPO ownership should be reset by AD (don't asked me which
part of AD) if you modify GPO ACLs manually.

In clear: you must use GPMC.msc to manage GPO ACLs. This if they are not
template.

Hoping this could help to find a solution.

mathias