[Samba] Samba 4.1. creates group rights for not existing group.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:14:37 UTC 2015

On 16/11/15 11:58, Alex Sviridov wrote:
> Thank you very much for your help. So, do I understand right that I
> should not change such behaviour?
> I mean if I change samba stops working well?

Back on list:

Well it depends on just who '3000023' really is, if it is one of the
well known windows SIDs, I would leave it alone. If it is a normal user
that you have added to AD, you have a couple of options, if your users
are just going to get authentication from the DC, then you don't need to
do anything. If your users are going to log into the DC or another Unix
machine, I would give them a unique uidNumber, this will replace the
xidNumber they are using now (note that you will need to remove the
users 'object' from idmap.ldb)
I would also, if possible, upgrade to a newer Samba version.

Rowland