[Samba] Samba 4.1. creates group rights for not existing group.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:14:05 UTC 2015

On 16/11/15 10:11, Alex Sviridov wrote:
>   I use samba 4.1 as dc with acl. I have user with uid 3000023. However, I don't have group with guid 3000023. However, when this user creates a folder samba in acl list creates permissions for group 3000023 and as result I have broken link. How to fix it?

Hi, allow me to introduce you to the concept of a user being also a
group and vica-versa. If you examine idmap.ldb:

ldbedit -e nano -H /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb

You will find lines like this:

type: ID_TYPE_BOTH

This means that your user can be both a user and a group

It has to be like this so that the 'Administrators' group can own
directories and files in sysvol.

Rowland