[Samba] Win Clients and DNS

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Mon Nov 16 11:02:05 UTC 2015

Hi Louis,

I don't use DHCP so most of what you wrote doesn't apply in my case.

As for the reverse zone: I followed the wiki in this respect and do have
a reverse lookup zone for the network, pointing to the DC.

RLZ: 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa
PTR 192.168.0.1
NS dc samdom.com
SOA [2], dc.samdom.com, hostmaster.samdom.com

Let me know if you see any issues in this configuration, thanks.

Viktor