[Samba] Workstation member server dhcp changing ip

Lee Brown leeb at ratnaling.org
Sun Nov 15 18:17:54 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a working Samba 4.2.4 AD domain on FreeBSD 10.1-releng (DC's) and
10.2-stable (workstation).  Internal DNS.

I just joined my workstation to the domain and all is great, but when I
reboot and if my IP changes, how is Samba going to update the DNS record?

At this stage should I be looking at using BIND instead and having my DHCP
server update that.  I suppose I need to setup the DNS replication myself
from what ever DNS is being updated by DHCP to all the other DC's?

Thanks -- lee