[Samba] will bad things happen if samba4 AD not binding 127.0.0.1?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:29:39 UTC 2015

> Oh dear, somebody else getting creative with dns :-)
>
> You do know that the internal DNS server also listens on 127.0.0.1, don't
> you ?
>
> If you must use something else to get two forwarders, use Bind9 instead of
> the internal dns server. The use of dnsmasq is not supported on a Samba AD
> DC.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

hi:
     if smb.conf only bind eth0, then the internal DNS didn't listen on
127.0.0.1.  I have checked that. i am just worried about bad things when it
is not listen  on 127.0.0.1.

    and in my case I think dnsmasq in not related to samba AD DC. it is
running as a dns cache,  forward to it is just like forward to another dns
server.

     I think i can run dnsmasq at an network interface which is not related
to samba to make it absolutely safe, but I don't know if it is really
necessary to do that. everything seems works fine...

    thanks again for your information!

Regards,
tbskyd