[Samba] will bad things happen if samba4 AD not binding 127.0.0.1?

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:49:56 UTC 2015

hi:
   my company has two dns servers, but samba4 internal dns forward can only
forward to 1 server.
to workarround it i run dnsmasq as dns cache at 127.0.0.1 and let samba4
dns forward to 127.0.0.1.
my smb.conf looks like:

 dns forwarder = 127.0.0.1
 interfaces = 10.1.1.1
 bind interfaces only = Yes

with the setting samba won't bind to 127.0.0.1, so dnsmasq can use
127.0.0.1 to do the work.
my /etc/resolv.conf point to 10.1.1.1 (samba internal dns)

everything seems work fine. but I want to make sure if this kind of setup
is safe?
if it is safe then I don't need to create another virtual interface just
for dnsmasq.
thanks a lot for help!!

Regards,
tbskyd