[Samba] I: samba's source code won't compile on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:23:10 UTC 2015

On 14/11/15 18:36, dropxp-bato at yahoo.it wrote:
> hi,i need to build a samba share server on my house.I trying to do using the package manager apt on ubuntu,but the version in the repository doesn't work caused by a bug.
> So i've tried to compile from source following the instructions taken from linuxfromscratch web-site,but i also have go back a various types of error.there is something that I do not know about the sources?
> Anyone can help me?thanks in advance.bye

ER, did you actually ask anything there :-D

What is wrong with the distro version of Samba ?

What errors are you getting?

I have had a look at this page on the linuxfromscratch wiki:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/samba.html

Hmm, Required

Python-2.7.10

Just a bit different from the samba wiki:

apt-get install acl attr autoconf bison build-essential \
debhelper dnsutils docbook-xml docbook-xsl flex gdb krb5-user \
libacl1-dev libaio-dev libattr1-dev libblkid-dev libbsd-dev \
libcap-dev libcups2-dev libgnutls-dev libjson-perl \
libldap2-dev libncurses5-dev libpam0g-dev libparse-yapp-perl \
libpopt-dev libreadline-dev perl perl-modules pkg-config \
python-all-dev python-dev python-dnspython python-crypto \
xsltproc zlib1g-dev

You may get better results if you follow the Samba wiki:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

Rowland