[Samba] [samba] How to configure Winbind to use uidNumber and gidNumber

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 10 09:02:35 UTC 2015

Really....  here are your pointers..

First choose, since your not telling..  ADDC or Member server?

ADDC >  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

Member > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member

ID Mapping =>  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Identity_Mapping_(idmap)

And when all configured, assigned if needed uid/gids..

Type :

getent passwd username    ( DONT TEST WITH ADMINISTRATOR )
getent group "groupname"  ( groups with spaces use the ")

Greetz,

Louis