[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

buhorojo buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:14:13 UTC 2015

On 09/11/15 21:35, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>>> We? .... Is that you ... steves?
>> Eh? Plural. We work as a team. It works that way.
> Ah. OK. Can we please remove the 'buhorojo'
> account from being allowed to post to the
> mailing list ?
>
> I've had enough of dealing with compound
> accounts and (which appear to be being
> used by only one set of offenders) and
> I think it's time to institute a list
> policy of individual email accounts
> only on samba and samba-technical.
>
> I'll raise this on the Team list to
> try and get consensus to get this
> multi-user account banned.
>
> If we do so, please don't try and
> get around the restrictions again,
> it is not welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

We don't think that is fair. We may not represent the views of the
developers but we do feel that we are entitled to air our views here. We
have support off-list, mainly from those who feel restricted in what
they say here. Please do not use your power to restrict free speech.
Criticism of this project is positive. There are long running bugs that
need addressing. We would like to be able to direct those who have come
up against them toward alternatives which are available now whilst at
the same time help those who have come up against the same problems we
faced when using Samba in our projects.

Please reconsider your position.
Thanks