[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

buhorojo buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:57:35 UTC 2015

On 08/11/15 23:40, Michael Adam wrote:
> On 2015-11-08 at 22:50 +0100, buhorojo wrote:
>>> I repeat: sssd does not implement winbind.
>>> It implements some parts of the winbind protocol.
>>> It is not a drop-in replacement for winbind(d).
>>> And the ad-dc forcefully uses winbindd anyways,
>> No, it is not forced. It can be disabled.
> Of course you can disable the server service.
> But then you have neither a supported nor a
> fully functional AD/DC setup. :-)
But you have one which works, LOL!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+OP+mean%3F

> Oh, and it is also unfair to always insist an
> external unsupported server just works, instead
> of addressing the points being discussed.

>>> Sure. winbindd can do it.
>> Sorry but you are wrong. On a DC it can't.
> If it does not fully work, then we need to fix that.
> And as you so nicely pointed out earlier yourself
> (for sssd in that case...), instead of recommending
> the use of an unsupported external application,
> please submit a bug report at https://bugzilla.samba.org/

There are already many. Start with 10886.

sssd unsupported? You must be joking. It's Red Hat! OK, it costs a
fortune but you can always get the Fedora version with mailing list
support. Or, build it yourslef even.

By all means wait until winbind is fixed. However, those of us with work
to do need it to work now. Reliably!
Thanks again.