[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:02:44 UTC 2015

On 07/11/15 18:42, buhorojo wrote:
> On 07/11/15 19:00, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> you cannot use the unixhomedirectory and loginshell attributes on a DC.
> Unless, as the OP is doing, use sssd.
> HTH

This is the Samba mailing list, not the sssd one.
Having to use sssd or nlscd is the problem. If you want to use the DC as
a fileserver, winbindd is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!
I personally feel it is wrong that winbindd works differently based on
whether it is used on a DC or a Domain Member. Unfortunately, I do not
have the skills to try and sort this problem, I can understand the
problems in getting everything to work in a multi-domain forest, but I
seem to remember reading that microsoft are moving away from the concept
of multi-domains and moving to recommending using sites.

Rowland