[Samba] idmap & migration to rfc2307

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:49:40 UTC 2015

On 7 November 2015 at 16:33, Jonathan Hunter <jmhunter1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 November 2015 at 12:37, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If it isn't a sssd problem, then you will need to raise samba logging to 10,
>> wait until it happens again and see if you can see anything in the logs. At
>> this point, you can then log a bug report with something to back it up.
>
> I will do that - thank you - but I imagine my logs will grow very
> quickly, as I may well need days or weeks of logs before something
> happens. Is there a sub-set of logging that I can turn on just for the
> UID mapping code, do you know? Otherwise I'll just set debug level 10
> and perhaps move my logs onto a separate disk, with more free space...

I'm going to try with

        log level = 0 smb:10 winbind:10 auth:10 idmap:10 ldb:5

I did try with ldb:10 but that is totally unmanageable, I get
tens/hundreds of log messages each second. If there's something else I
can specify, I will certainly do that, of course (I picked ldb:5 out
of thin air, I'm not sure exactly what level to specify there)

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"