[Samba] winbind problems

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 21:13:25 UTC 2015

On 06/11/15 20:33, Dale Schroeder wrote:
> [...]
>>> wbinfo works.
>>>
>>> I must have missed something, but I'm at a loss as to what it is.
>>> Can anyone see anything?
>>
>> Any chance of seeing your smb.conf as stored on the samba machine.
> I replaced the testparm output with the actual conf file below.
>>

>> Rowland
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Dale
> OK, the following is as it exists on the server.
> The contents of the users.map file is one line:
> root = @"DOMAIN\Domain Admins"
>
> Dale
>

>>> [global]
>>>     netbios name = DEBFSRV
>>>     workgroup = DOMAIN
>>>     realm = DOMAIN.COM
>>>     #server role = member server
>>>     server string = Samba File Server
>>>     security = ADS
>>>     #map untrusted to domain = Yes
>>>     allow trusted domains = No
>>>     map to guest = Bad User
>>>     #obey pam restrictions = Yes
>>>     password server = *
>>>     passdb backend = tdbsam
>>>     passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
>>>     passwd chat =*Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
>>> *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
>>> *password\supdated\ssuccessfully*  .
>>>     username map = /etc/samba/users.map
>>>     syslog = 0
>>>     log level = 1 winbind:3 idmap:3
>>>     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>>>     #max log size = 1000 # default=5000
>>>     name resolve order = host wins bcast
>>>     deadtime = 15
>>>     load printers = No
>>>     printing = bsd
>>>     #printcap cache time = 300
>>>     printcap name = /dev/null
>>>     disable spoolss = Yes
>>>     dns proxy = No
>>>     wins server = 192.168.1.223
>>>     ldap ssl = no
>>>     panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
>>>     #idmap backend = rid:DOMAIN=1000-20000000
>>>     #idmap uid = 1000-20000000
>>>     #idmap gid = 1000-20000000
>>>     idmap config * : backend        = tdb
>>>     idmap config * : range            = 1000000 - 2000000
>>>     #idmap config DOMAIN : default    = Yes
>>>     idmap config DOMAIN : backend    = rid
>>>     idmap config DOMAIN : range        = 1000 - 2000
>>>     template homedir =/data/users/%U
>>>     template shell = /bin/bash
>>>     winbind cache time = 300
>>>     winbind enum users = Yes
>>>     winbind enum groups = Yes
>>>     winbind use default domain = Yes
>>>     winbind offline logon = Yes
>>>     dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>>>     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>>>     winbind refresh tickets = Yes
>>>     #recycle:repository =/var/domain/trash/%U
>>>     #recycle:exclude = *.bks *.BKF *.tmp *.TMP *.temp *.TEMP *.o
>>> *.obj ~$* *.~??
>>>     #recycle:maxsize = 20971520
>>>     #recycle:versions = Yes
>>>     admin users = root, DOMAIN\administrator
>>>     hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/16
>>>     veto files =/trash/
>>>     veto oplock files =
>>> /*.doc/*.xls/*.mdb/*.ldb/*.bkf/*.DOC/*.XLS/*.MDB/*.LDB/*.pst/*.PST/

OK, try this smb.conf, don't add anything else until you have getent
working:

[global]
     workgroup = DOMAIN
     security = ADS
     realm = DOMAIN.COM
     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
     idmap config * : range = 1000000-2000000
     idmap config * : backend = tdb
     idmap config DOMAIN : range = 1000-2000
     idmap config DOMAIN : backend = rid
     winbind nss info = template
     winbind trusted domains only = no
     winbind use default domain = yes
     winbind enum users = Yes
     winbind enum groups = Yes
     winbind refresh tickets = Yes
     winbind offline logon = Yes
     username map = /etc/samba/users.map
     template homedir = /data/users/%U
     template shell = /bin/bash
     vfs objects = acl_xattr
     map acl inherit = yes
     store dos attributes = yes

The above should work against an AD DC

Your users.map should be:

!root = DOMAIN\Administrator DOMAIN\administrator

Rowland