[Samba] winbind problems

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:44:05 UTC 2015

On 06/11/15 17:51, Dale Schroeder wrote:
> I had to move an existing member server to new hardware.  Using getent
> on this Debian Jessie system, I cannot get winbind to retrieve the
> domain users, except for administrator, guest, tsinternetuser, and
> krbtgt.

wbinfo -u should show all your users, 'getent passwd domainuser' should
show the info for just 'domainuser', but getent normally doesn't show
anything for Administrator, guest or krbtgt on a domain member.

> Although none of my other working systems have it, I added the
> "dedicated keytab", "kerberos method", and "winbind refresh tickets"
> parameters to match the wiki.

These are required to get kerberos tickets and to enable them being
refreshed.

> The only problem I have noticed is that installing libnss-winbind no
> longer creates the symbolic link between libnss_winbind.so.2 and
> libnss_winbind.so.  I had to do that manually.  Unlike the WIKI, the
> other directory to link does not exist on this system or the working
> systems.

OK, how have you installed samba and on what?

> net ads testjoin is OK.  The domain SID matches the other servers.
> wbinfo works.
>
> I must have missed something, but I'm at a loss as to what it is. Can
> anyone see anything?

Any chance of seeing your smb.conf as stored on the samba machine.

Rowland