[Samba] session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:14:04 UTC 2015

> On 04/11/15 10:44, mathias dufresne wrote:
>
>> Once again: Samba always comes  with its own users database.
>>

> Not always, if you are running Samba as a domain member, then the main
> user database is stored on a DC

True. My way to understand that is AD is the Samba users database. From a
Linux system point of view AD users are nothing until you deploy something
to use this database as a system users DB. So (in my mind ;) AD is the
Samba DB when joining a member server to AD and we deploy winbind or other
in PAM for AD becomes also part of the system users DB, to avoid the need
to recreate locally AD users. But still, there is Samba DB and system DB
(in my way of understanding :p)