[Samba] Join Samba without GC role

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 2 18:49:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 13:07 +0000, Luchko Dmitriy wrote:
> Thanks for the answer!
>
> Is that true if we have Subdomains, Samba write to DB information
> only about join-domain?

Operation in the presence of subdomains is not supported.  When we do
add it, we will attempt to be a GC and replicate the GC partitions for
the whole forest.  This information is critical to the correct
operation of the DsCrackNames interface.

> And what option --domain-critical-only do? I did not see the
> difference -  with or without.

A smaller set of objects is replicated initially, but the whole domain
is replicated once Samba starts.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett