[Samba] Openvpn and samba: play nice together?

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Mon Nov 2 14:45:27 UTC 2015

openVPN with TUN connection works perfect here.
I configured 2 TUN connections to connect two remote offices(over DSL
line) to our main site without any issue.
Here is my configuration:
Main site: samba4 AD DC server1, plus a file server1, and a dedicated
openVPN server
site1: samba4 AD DC server2, plus a file server2, and a dedicated
openVPN server with TUN connection to the main site
            all clients log in to this AD DC and can map share on file
server2(local) and on file server1(located in the main site)
site2: no AD DC, but a dedicated openVPN server with TUN connection to
the main site
            all clients log in to the AD DC on the main site, and map
share on file server1(located in the main site)

I think if you don't use browse function then you don't need TAP connection.
AD DC uses DNS without any broadcast.

Allen

--
Allen Chen