[Samba] [AD/PDC] Logins with Spaces do not work

Andreas Happe andreashappe at snikt.net
Sat May 30 08:48:07 MDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> It's a really bad idea to have logins with spaces. It can
> cause all sorts of security issues in all sorts of subtle
> ways. Replace the spaces with '_' (underscoer).

The usernames are from the legacy system -- I didn't (and wouldn't) set up
them in that way. I should be able to change them but have to check this
with the customer.

Problem is that I was able to convert the existing Windows 2003 Active
Directory (through the wiki documentation). If spaces within usernames are
not supported it would have been helpful if this would lead to an error
message during conversion or be at least mentioned in the documentation.

(also if samba's goal is to replace a windows ad server it would be nice if
it would support the same usernames).

cheers, Andreas
--
GPG-Key-Id: DD436203