[Samba] Windows7 client can not see samba server in "Network Discovery" window.

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Fri May 29 04:54:06 MDT 2015

Hello everyone

I have setup samba4 on centos7 as a member only server using yum and is
called jimmy.
A windows 2012 server for Active Directory and a win7 client for testing.
Both the client and jimmy are members of the same windows AD domain.
The problem is that jimmy does not come up on the client's "Network
discovery" window.
Even if I type jimmy's IP address \\IP on the text box and hit enter I get:
Windows can not access \\IP, 0x80004005, unspecified error.

Disabling SElinux and firewall made no difference. Could someone please
have a look at my smb.conf and advise whether I am missing something or
there is an option that it shouldn't be there? All I am trying to do is
store the windows profiles on a samba server.

Here it is:
   server string = Samba4 file server
   workgroup = TESTAD
   security = ADS
   realm = TESTAD.BIO

   #preferred master = yes
   #os level = 255
    domain master = no
    local master = yes
    browse list = yes

    encrypt passwords = yes
    template shell = /bin/bash
    name resolve order = bcast

#-------- Mapping RID--------

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 2000-3999
    idmap config TESTAD: backend = rid
    idmap config TESTAD: range = 10000-99999

    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes