[Samba] Import idmap database error on classicupgrade process

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 13:33:52 MDT 2015

On 21/05/15 19:24, Elias Pereira wrote:
>> Then why can the upgrade not contact the ldap server ?
> I dont know! :(
>
> Was ldap running on another computer before ?
>
> I installed a temporary openLDAP backend on the new host.

After examining upgrade.py, it would seem that you don't need much of
your original smb.conf, I am sending you a cut down smb.conf to try.

Have another read of the samba wiki page:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Classic_Upgrade_%28NT4-style_domain_to_AD%29

Double check that you have done everything that pages suggests and then
try again with the smb.conf I will send you.

If, as I hope, you are testing this in a VM (or similar) do the testing
in a terminal where you have logged into the VM as root via ssh. You
will then be able to cut & paste the output into an email. If you are
still having problems, send the output direct to me.

Rowland