[Samba] Access denied to GPO folder

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:06:19 MDT 2015

Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my english.

I've created a GPO for all "Domain Users" but i see how Windows is ignoring
the permissions for that GPO.

   - On windows i can see how the "Domain Users" have access to that folder
   on security tab.
   - On PDC server i can see how the "Domain Users" group id with "getfacl
   GPOFolder"
   - If I go to Efective Permissions and i put any domain user then it
   shows the correct permissions.

but i don't know why i get "Access Denied" on logon and when i try to enter
to that folder from explorer.

I really don't care about the GPo because is easy to create again, but is
strange how Windows is ignoring even its own permissions and i want to
understand why to avoid future problems.

Before the problem i've changed the permissions to Policies to allow all
Domain Admins to add and edit GPOs, but i've not changed any existent
permissions (and the permissions are there).

Greetings and thanks!!