[Samba] Unable to modify folder share permissions on member server

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:00:13 MDT 2015

Hello,

    Following along with the wiki at

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Windows_ACLs

I'm attempting to make changes to groups or users under the security
tab. When changing I receive the following error.

"An error occurred while applying security information to:

\\pfmember1\gates123

Access is denied"

The only way I can make changes is to login as the Domain Administrator.
Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm using Debian Wheezy with Samba4.1.17 as a member server.

root at pfmember1:~# getfacl /srv/samba/bo/gates123/
# file: srv/samba/bo/gates123/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:domain_admins:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x

root at pfmember1:~# id james
uid=10002(james) gid=2002(domain_users)
groups=2002(domain_users),10008(domain_admins),10007(folder_redirection_users),2001(BUILTIN\users),2000(BUILTIN\administrators)

--
-James