[Samba] Samba-4.1.18 romaing profile causes memory leak

hy wu wuhysmb at gmail.com
Wed May 20 00:56:44 MDT 2015

Hi List,

I used samba-4.1.18 as domain controller and tried to use romaing profile.

I got memory leak when every account with profile path setting logout.

Every account with profile path setting eat almost 10mB memory so my samba
machine crash if there are many hundred account with profile setting in
domain.

Any option in smb.conf or operation can help ?

This is my reproduce setps:
1. create domain "testdom.ork"
2. create 10 accounts and set profile path in "share"
    for example : profile path of "user1 " is "\\dc.testdom.ork\share\user1"
3. check MemFree in /proc/meminfo
4. login/logout 10 accounts created in step 2
5. check MemFree in proc/meminfo   <---almost 100mB reduced

my smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = TESTDOM
realm = TESTDOM.ORK
netbios name = DC
dns forwarder = 127.0.1.1

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/testdom.ork/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
read only = No
[share]